Welcome to True View Middle School Math!
Bible-based, practical live math course for learners ages 11 - 14
Meets 3 times a week for 30 minutes
True View Middle School Math is a practical, Bible-based live math course.
*Students who cannot meet live will receive a recording.
This course is ideal for families who believe that the purpose of true education is character building and who are seeking practical mathematics. Students enrolled in this course will receive practical, bible-based mathematics instruction with a certified math teacher.
Throughout this course students will learn how to manage family finances and complete a family building project.Students will learn in a hands on, interactive online forum. As students master the skills we will move onto the next skills.
In this course students will learn:
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide integers and perform the order of operations.
- How to find the greatest common factor and least common multiples.
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions.
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals.
- How to keep the family budget.
- How to convert fractions, decimals and percent.
- How to perform operations with exponents.
- How to solve one step linear equations or inequalities
- How to find angle measures and relationships
- The properties of triangles, quadrilaterals, other polygons.
- The properties of circles.
- How to complete a simple building project.
- How to find probability.
- How to create different graphical representations of information.
- How to complete a research project using mathematical skills.
Students will join the live lessons via Zoom.us .While is it strongly encouraged to use the desktop/laptop you may also join via phone.
Students should meet the following system requirements:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Students will need the following additional items:
- Google Email for Parent
- Google Email Student (with parent having access)
- Additional Materials List will be supplied by the instructor as necessary.
- Bound notebook, pencil, ruler, protractor, TI30x2S calculator
While registration is only $15, the total price of this course is $500 one time fee or $65 per month for 9 months per family.
- $500/year OR
- $65/month for 9 months
Cost includes all the materials. Assignments are given and reviewed in class, however, all assessments are graded by the parent who is provided with an answer key.
Families will be sent an invoice via PayPal from [email protected] starting August 25, 2019. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay the invoice.
Monthly payments not received by the 5th day of the month will incur a late fee of $30.
If it is necessary for a student to withdraw from the course, the following refund policy will apply:
A. Registration fees will not be refunded.
B. Course fee will be refunded on a prorated basis.
Still have questions? Call us at 404.644.8391 or email them to us at [email protected]