True View Middle School Math
Live math classes based on the principles of true education and the Bible
Bible-based, practical live math course for learners ages 11 - 14
Meets 3 times a week for 30 minutes
True View Middle School Math is a practical, Bible-based live math course which starts on September 9, 2019 and ends on May 22, 2020 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time for 30 minutes.
*Students who cannot meet live will receive a recording.
This course is ideal for families who believe that the purpose of true education is character building and who are seeking practical mathematics. Students enrolled in this course will receive practical, bible-based mathematics instruction with a certified math teacher.
Throughout this course students will learn how to manage family finances and complete a family building project.Students will learn in a hands on, interactive online forum. As students master the skills we will move onto the next skills.
In this course students will learn:
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide integers and perform the order of operations.
- How to find the greatest common factor and least common multiples.
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions.
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals.
- How to keep the family budget.
- How to convert fractions, decimals and percent.
- How to perform operations with exponents.
- How to solve one step linear equations or inequalities
- How to find angle measures and relationships
- The properties of triangles, quadrilaterals, other polygons.
- The properties of circles.
- How to complete a simple building project.
- How to find probability.
- How to create different graphical representations of information.
- How to complete a research project using mathematical skills.
Students will join the live lessons via Zoom.us .While is it strongly encouraged to use the desktop/laptop you may also join via phone.
If you are interested in this class, but your child is unable to attend a live class, you may register to receive a recording of the live class each session as well as any materials.
Students should meet the following system requirements:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (or a Cell Phone with those capabilities)
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in (or a Cell Phone with those capabilities)
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
While registration is only $15, the total price of this course is $500 one time fee or $65 per month for 9 months per family.
- $500/year OR
- $65/month for 9 months
Cost includes all the materials. Assignments are given and reviewed in class, however, all assessments are graded by the parent who is provided with an answer key.
Families will be sent an invoice via PayPal from firstname.lastname@example.org starting August 25, 2019. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay the invoice.
Monthly payments not received by the 5th day of the month will incur a late fee of $30.
If it is necessary for a student to withdraw from the course, the following refund policy will apply:
A. Registration fees will not be refunded.
B. Course fee will be refunded on a prorated basis.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at email@example.com or call 404.644.8391.
My name is Andrea Hall and I am a certified teacher and homeschool educator. I have been teaching for over 13 years both in the traditional classroom as well as online. I am certified to teach all levels of math in the states of Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina and Arkansas. I have taught science, standardized test preparation, as well as study skills.
I left the traditional classroom in 2010 to homeschool my three kids teaching all subjects from reading to science to math. During that time I served as an editor with Ellechor Publishing Company, served as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for online schools as well as designed an ACT Test Preparation program. To this day I still teach online part time while homeschooling full time.
An interesting fact was that not only am I an analytical thinker but I am also an artist. My work has been display in an exhibit (this was before children).
I love teaching Mathematics, Science, English, History, Art, Study Skills and Standardized Test Preparation. I pretty much love teaching and I love learning. Most of all, I love the Lord!
My desire is to create a love for learning one equation at a time and to integrate the gospel into my teaching.
My students describe me as "Corny but Cool". I look forward to teaching you!